Re: today....Judy---

Chris wrote:
> Did they have any ideas about why there are more problems this year than
> in past years?
> Chris
> P.S.  Make sure that you all have up-to-date tetanus shots when you're
>       gardening!  Even getting dirt in a wound can cause problems if
>       you don't have one.
Chris, this is a soapbox invitation I can't resist. Get ready
Resistant bacteria are getting more problematic each year. Part of the
problem is the widespread use of antibiotics! Especially with folks who
"save" a few pills from their prescription & self medicate the next time.
1st course of medication leaves a few of the most resistant germs, which
then are the ones to multiply. When they next get a cold & take the last
few, they expose more bacteria to the antibiotic without killing them and
build even more resistance in the "normal" bacteria we all host.
I won't get started on physicians who prescribe antibiotics for viral
infections, talk about malpractice.
Then there is a woeful lack of handwashing in the general public and most
OK getting down off the box.
too true about the tetanus injection. That was something the ER staff made
sure of too.
Judy B
Z 6 Idaho