Re: Weekend

> Still have a lot of stuff I want to get planted before the rainy season
> gets much older--fig trees, cherimoya, brugmansia, Turk's cap. Maybe
> this week.

Still, it sounds like you got a lot done!

I have a lot more respect for what my parents went through now that I
have a house and a job and stuff -- I don't know how they found the time
to do anything.

> Right now it looks like we're going to have a thundershower.

Same here.  :(  It's been sprinkling off and on all day, so most of my
planning was for naught.  Although I did go to Menards and bought the
PVC fittings that I needed along with a bunch of plants that I didn't.
They had all plants at 10% off, so I bought three large houseplants
(palms for $8.88), a flat of everbearing strawberries (for ~$10), some
gallon perennials to beef up some existing plantings of the same
thing ($3.99, not great, but...), and a Blushing Knock Out rose (gallon
pot for $6).

The best part was the houseplants -- they're a lot cheaper than furniture
and make as much if not more of an impact.  Although I guess I wouldn't
want to sit on a Sanseviera.

Chris

http://www.hort.net/sHORTurl/                        Shorten your URLs!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!