butterfly bush

Hi folks...how are ya?

Hey I planted a Buddleaiaosn something or other. Sorry but it's like budleai...hmmm, well anyway common name butterfly bush. It's about 10' high now and 4' across. It has hundreds of beautiful purple spikes of flowers. I frankly forgot that it was called the butterfly bush until my lovely wife Linda called me at one of the markets and told me that this bush is being completely invaded by Monarch butterflies. When I got home she was right there must be a hundred or so of the little guys all swarming all over this plant. Love it! However, I was talking to an MG today about Hibs and I mentioned the butterflies and she seems to think they are Pink Ladies and not Monarchs. I had noticed that these seem smaller than Monarchs but the coloring is awfully close. Apparently Pink Ladies appear before Monarchs? In either case they're neat!

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net