From: Judy Browning [mailto: judybrowning@lewiston.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:12:39 -0000
Subject: Re: [CHAT] today....Judy---

Both actually. You can cause resistance in your own population, then
pass it<br>along to someone else through casual contact. My hand to
money, a doorknob,<br>or shopping cart to your hand for instance. An
elderly lady I knew claimed<br>she and her husband never got colds.
Their secret: Whenever returning home,<br>they immediately washed their
hands. Didn't take off their coats or touch<br>anything inside until
they washed their hands. If they had been shopping,<br>they washed again
after putting their purchases away.<br>Our bodies are protected by skin
that is very resistant to bacteria. Mucus<br>membranes in the eyes mouth
& other orifices is not. Most infection enter<br>the body through a
mucus membrane. Puncture wounds are dangerous because<br>they carry
foreign material through the skin. Immune system tends to<br>incapsulate
stuff like that, making a warm dark moist area for bacteria to<br>grow
ie abcess.<br>Some of the more toxic antibiotics can kill all of your
gut's

flora,<br>beneficial & not. When you get diarrhea from an antibiotic,
that's the<br>cause. The good bugs are gone too. Taking a little
buttermilk or yogurt a<br>couple of hours after a dose can repopulate
with a benefical lactobacillus.<br>I doubt you were totally sterile
inside. But there was probably very little<br>left.<br>----- Original
Message -----<br>From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 1:44 AM<br>Subject:
saying it is within a person, rather than a NEW bacteria we
system was whacked and I was always ill,<br>they<br>> gave me an orange
powder to mix with water. The nastiest stuff I ever<br>> tasted. I
didn't believe it at the time, but they claimed this was
going<br>to<br>> remove all bacteria and fungus from my system,
unfortunately good and bad<br>> types. I did get

better a week later, but still am not buying it did that.<br>><br>>
resist. Get ready<br>> > Resistant bacteria are getting more problematic
each year. Part of the<br>> > problem is the widespread use of
antibiotics! Especially with folks who<br>> > "save" a few pills from
their prescription & self medicate the next<br>time.<br>> > 1st course
of medication leaves a few of the most resistant germs, which<br>> >
then are the ones to multiply. When they next get a cold & take the
last<br>> > few, they expose more bacteria to the antibiotic without
killing them<br>and<br>> > build even more resistance in the "normal"
bacteria we all host.<br>> > I won't get started on physicians who
prescribe antibiotics for viral<br>> > infections, talk about
malpractice.<br>> > Then there is a woeful lack of handwashing in the
off the box.<br>> > too true

about the tetanus injection. That was something the ER
Idaho<br>><br>>