From: Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center [mailto: 4042N15@nationalhearing.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:32:27 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] butterfly bush

Donna, I've read that the bright orange aphids on Asclepias are
pretty<br>common but not universal. Water blasts and hand picking of
Original Message ----- <br>From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:04
Theresa... ok, those with aphid problems, where were they<br>>
planted?<br>><br>> My ice ballet is in the pond, my incartana is in a
bog... the one with the<br>> aphids was tuberose and that was in the
one summer- it was completely covered with<br>> > florescent orange
aphids! But, then it died over the winter- so now I<br>> > just have a
yellow, and one that is 2-toned (red/yellow) that I love.<br>> ><br>> >
Theresa<br>> ><br>> > Donna

wrote:<br>> ><br>> > >Asclepias tuberose is the orange common one. My
Monarchs don't seen to<br>> > mind<br>> > >which one they attack. I love
can't deal with all those aphids! The pink (incarnata) and white<br>> >
(Ice<br>> > >Ballet?) don't seem to be bothered with aphids as bad...at