Shopping, etc.

This is probably off-topic, even for this list. But we went shopping today.

First stop was Borders. I bought a John Prine anthology and used an internet discount coupon. Ms. Fatma, who bought an Ottmar Liebert CD, was way behind me and in a different line, told the clerk she had forgotten to print out an internet coupon. The clerk asked her if Borders had sent the coupon to her, and she said "no." The clerk said, "Would you like me to put you email address in our database and send you coupons directly?" Ms. Fatma said "Yes. I'm a teacher and I buy lots of books and such over the course of a year." The clerk said, "Would you like me to add your email address to our teachers database? There are additional discount coupons sent to that list." So Ms Fatma said yes.

Then We went to Williams-Sonoma to purchase two oyster knives. Ms Fatma does not like my Baltimore harbor, working-class knives. She wanted something nicer. We found two French-made knives; beautiful polished wood handles. We also picked up a yellow and red tablecloth from India; our kitchen is yellow and red. At checkout, the clerk asked Ms Fatma if she would like her email address added to their database so she would receive notice of sales; she said yes.

Next was Pottery Barn. Ms. Fatma had the remainder of a gift certificate, which she cashed in on a bright red roasting pan. At checkout, the clerk asked her if she would like her email address entered in some sort of sweepstakes. Of course she said yes.

Three stops; four address submissions. Lord love a duck.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10