Re: Shopping, etc.

I have a google address for such occasions.

What struck me, however, was the carnivorous-like collecting of them. Blood in the water almost.

On Jun 16, 2005, at 5:25 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

And no one asked for your e-address, Jim?

Just a warning, but, you should each have some sort of extra address for
such mailing lists - maybe you already do, but just in case, I thought I
should mention it. Most ISPs let you have several addresses on your
account. Use one of the others or set up a hotmail or yahoo adrs for
such offers.

I just received the latest Info USA (Mailing Lists) catalog. One of the
selections offered which can be cross-referenced with other data is
email addresses. Giving out your e-adrs just sets you up on lists that
get sold and then your box gets clogged with spam. You may have spam
filters, but there's plenty of ways to get around them.

--
Kitty
neIN, Zone5

This is probably off-topic, even for this list. But we went shopping
today.

First stop was Borders. I bought a John Prine anthology and used an
internet discount coupon. Ms. Fatma, who bought an Ottmar Liebert CD,
was way behind me and in a different line, told the clerk she had
forgotten to print out an internet coupon. The clerk asked her if
Borders had sent the coupon to her, and she said "no." The clerk said,
"Would you like me to put you email address in our database and send
you coupons directly?" Ms. Fatma said "Yes. I'm a teacher and I buy
lots of books and such over the course of a year." The clerk said,
"Would you like me to add your email address to our teachers database?
There are additional discount coupons sent to that list." So Ms Fatma
said yes.

Then We went to Williams-Sonoma to purchase two oyster knives. Ms Fatma
does not like my Baltimore harbor, working-class knives. She wanted
something nicer. We found two French-made knives; beautiful polished
wood handles. We also picked up a yellow and red tablecloth from India;
our kitchen is yellow and red. At checkout, the clerk asked Ms Fatma if
she would like her email address added to their database so she would
receive notice of sales; she said yes.

Next was Pottery Barn. Ms. Fatma had the remainder of a gift
certificate, which she cashed in on a bright red roasting pan. At
checkout, the clerk asked her if she would like her email address
entered in some sort of sweepstakes. Of course she said yes.

Three stops; four address submissions. Lord love a duck.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10