Re: Shopping/ virus protection

In a message dated 06/16/2005 8:51:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pdickson@sbcglobal.net writes:
While we are off topic...  what virus protection programs do you all use?  I
have always used McAfee but recently bought Norton.  I ended up having to
take Norton off after I couldn't get my computer to run right.  It slowed it
down so bad that I just could take it.
I still have to get the courage up to take that Norton one back to Wal-mart.
Tricia

I have used Norton for a number of years with no problems of
any sort.  When I bought the Dell before this one it came with
McAfee installed.  I had some problem - can't remember just
what any more - it was probably eight or nine years ago - and
called Dell's tech help.  While we were working through the
problem, the tech asked me what virus protection I had.  When
I told him McAfee, he said "Get rid of that crap and get Norton.
I don't know why Dell bothers with it."  I followed his advice, and
as I said before, have not ever had a problem.
Auralie