Re: another MG sale

Well, I probably put in nearly 40 hours this week, if you include making
signs and working up spreadsheets etc, but most weeks, nothing like that.
See, the nursery exists for the sales and if we miss our shot, if we're not
ready - too bad, next chance isn't until end of August.  For various reasons
our group of 7 was pretty much down to 3-4 people and the Hort Ed was saying
not to overwork the group.  So if it was going to get done....

As I understand it, Lana Higgins, the hybridizer of the daylily did register
it. We did have a problem with it though.  About 6wks ago we decided they
had multiplied enough to dig and the Hort Ed said he would advertise it.
They had been in our most remote bed and when we went to dig we noted they
weren't looking really nice.  But we divided, cleaned and potted them.  This
Wednesday I saw that they required additional trimming up and that's when I
found some spider mites.  I sprayed them well with triazicide and there was
no more sign of them.  If I'd had my druthers we would not have sold them,
but people were asking for them.  We were very upfront about their condition
and didn't charge as much as originally planned.

I don't know the accurate results yet, but the HE told me that it was the
most we'd brought in for a June sale.  From what was left of the nursery,
I'm guessing we sold more than half of those 689 pots.  It nothing at all
like your $18000, but very satisfying to us.  We have had a lot of big
purchases this year and really have to bring some money in.  We have brought
in so many tons of rock for edging and paths, so much soil and mulch, a lot
of new iron work.

I'd have loved to have gone on your tour, it sounds like fun.  But not
today.  My dogs are barkin'!

neIN, Z5