Re: butterfly bush

The only Asclepias I have had with real aphid problems is A.
tuberosa.  It was planted in my perennial bed - great soil, full sun.
My problem with this plant is that it is so long to break dormancy -
by the time it starts stirring, the other plants have invaded it's
space, and are shading it out.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b