To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 3:34 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Panther Sighting

The other night (about 2:30 a.m.) my dog went nuts, and then I hear it.
Sounded like a Banshee to me -- the creepiest sound I'd ever heard. I
immediately wondered if it could be a panther since I had heard they were
returning. Sure enough our policeman saw it this morning in a tree on the
edge of the woods (about a block and a half from my house). It was eating a
hawk. I'm missing 3 cats, but I can live with it if they were part of the
food chain. I'm hoping the 'bubbas' in this part of the world will leave any
panthers alone so they can take care of some of these excess deer.

zem
zone 7
West TN