Re: watering/was road trip

Kitty,

You have my sympathy. The folks on the watering committee at church have
been ill, so a new volunteer and I have been trying to keep the pots and new
plantings watered - with gallon jugs from home since the spigot near the
church is broken.

And then our well, which supplies all of our outside faucets, quit working
on Thursday. . I've been hauling water in watering cans and gallon jugs from
inside the house to hundreds of nursery pots, the chickens, and the stuff
that I planted new this year. And of course this was the year that I finally
decided to give many dozen captive plants their freedom...  I'm not sure
they're any better off than they were in Plant Purgatory behind the deck.

I shouldn't complain. I remember years when the well was our only water
source, and when it went out, bathing, cooking, flushing and all was a
greater challenge. But I was younger then.

Hope your weather breaks. Saw your 90+ temps. Yikes!