question for those used to gardening in heat!

My plants really need some fertilizer. With this current heat wave, I have
just been watering what looks wilty (is that a word?), which is most things.
Been also watering the trees since they were just planted last fall.

So should I wait till the heat wave is over (hopefully soon she thinks)?
Would they do better coping with this weather if I fertilized them?

I have no clue!