Re: hum...now sad...

Cathy, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Jason. How awful it  must have
been for him with all that suffering, and for you, watching him go  through
it.

Most of us have been through the loss of beloved pets, and there  seems to be
so little, if anything, to ease our pain. Society in general doesn't  really
take our emotional attachments to pets that seriously, and while we  endure
such awful grief, we have a buried, nagging feeling that we shouldn't  feel that
way. Afterall, it's just a cat! (dog, bird, fish, etc.)

Some people find a bit of solace in burying their pets, either in  their own
yards, or at a pet cemetery. I have always had mine cremated, then I  plant
whatever plants I can find that have names the same or similar to theirs.  When
I lost my dearly beloved Akita, Tilly, I planted a dwarf Japanese Maple in
her honor, and when I moved, I was able to dig it up and take it with me.

I better stop now- I can't type through tears. Take time to grieve,  Cathy,
and do whatever eases your pain.

Hugggs,
Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY  zone  5/6