Re: hum...now sad...

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] hum...now sad...
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:10:14 -0600

I'm so sorry for your loss, too, Lynda.
I want to share this with all of you; it is from Roger Caras', "The Cats of
Thistle Hill".

"I have cried, too; I have felt a brick placed on my heart and threaten to
strangle me.  But now, I realize, in a quiet and I guess resigned way, that
every pet we ever hold is a tragedy waiting to happen to us.  It is
inevitable.  Besides, from long experience I know that the fact that a pet
dies is far less important than that it lived.  I can look back on some
lifetime favorites like Rufus and Daisy, on Yankee the Bloodhound and
Grigitte the Toy Poodle, and I smile inside, not cry.  I remember the
wonderful things they used to do, not when they stopped doing them.....I
guess the only question we have to ask is, did we do as well by him as we
could have?  I hope the answer is yes.  I think it is."