Re: Pets and Bricks

Daryl, you are so right. Most people never get to experience the kind of unconditional love offered by a pet. I would not trade places with anybody.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:39 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Pets and Bricks

Thanks for that.

For Cathy and Lynda and all who have loved and lost a special friend, big
hugs. We've lost a number of guys recently, 4 oldsters in the space of 6
years, including the love of our lives, Annie. But we were blessed to have
her for 16 years, and though we still grieve after all of this time, we
wouldn't have missed having her for all the money in the world.

More grief is inevitable. We've got two more old pups in our lives - Buddy,
who's 14, and Dreyfuss, who's 13. We adopted Dreyfuss last year to keep
Buddy company after his "brother" died. Dreyfuss was given up to the shelter
because his owners went into a nursing home, and the children wouldn't keep
him. I alternate between cursing the folks that sent an old dog to the pound
and blessing them for the opportunity to have him in our lives.

Anyway, my heart goes out to those of you who have lost beloved pets. Keep
them in your heart, and know that you were privileged to enjoy a
relationship that most people never have. Cherish it!