From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:13 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Pets and Bricks

The other dog was a purebred Dachshund, about 4 years younger. She was
adopted shortly after being brought to the shelter. Dreyfuss was left
for several months.

I hope that the other dog found a good home. Our humane society doesn't
have follow-up. Though they request that a dog be returned if it doesn't
work out, there is no law. I know of more than one dog that was loved by
its foster family, and was turned in to animal control, which only holds
for 3 days. The dogs were dead before the foster  families had a chance
to re-home them.

What kind of a lesson? Like, "we'll buy you a toy, but if you displease
us, you're out the door??"  I dunno. Maybe it was the kid's chance to
express their feelings and grieve.