RE: Heronswood

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: [CHAT] Heronswood
  • From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" wmorgan972@ameritech.net
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 07:04:33 -0400

I truly understand both perspectives.  I have bought very little this year
since I'm unemployed.  I have marked a number of plants in my "wish list" to
purchase when I am re-employed and I'm guilty of looking for plant
"bargains" where ever I can find them because of the budget.

Donna, you are right that we need to support the places we love as we can
afford to do so--annuals or perennials.  There will always be economies of
scale for the larger box stores and chains, but that will mean limited
selections, too.  It is a difficult thing to balance, isn't it?

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)