Re: Kitten

Have you tried to trap him? Or just let it go? I'm afraid that the horrible metal squeal and crash of the trap will scare him.

Kitty decided that it was safe to let me stand 5' away while he ate this afternoon. Progress!

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten

I know it would be "best" to catch him, and someday you might be able to do just that. However, I have some cats who only provide me the pleasure of their company -- from a distance. 'Willie' has been eating at my buffet for about 5 years now, and I have never touched him. He patiently waits for me to put food out for everybody and leave. Then he eats. I can get within inches of him without touching, although the other day he did smell my fingers when I extended them toward him. I wish I could have had him neutered, but at least he's fed. There are two other male cats here in that category. You just have to do the best you can. I suspect your little guy will make friends with you very soon.

zem