Re: gas plant>WSL orders

Bluebird was sort of a mixed bag on quality but customer service is excellent. They immediately credited the puny Capsicum that they admit should not have been sent. And when I asked about the white gas plant that should have been purple, they offered to send the purple too, though I said not to. Their Salvia 'Evolution' was not very good, but the Plumbago was excellent. They individually wrapped each scented geranium, whch all arrived in good shape. All 48 Red Hot Pokers were fabulous, not a runt in the litter. The main reason I ordered from them at all was to obtain Andropogon 'Silver Sunrise', a new GreatPlants release. They looked really nice. But the Ppl Ftn Grass I ordered to fill out the flat was pretty sad. The whole flat of Fibre Optic Grass was fantastic.
How to tell ahead of time? Not a clue.

My second order from Walters was shipped bone dry. Do they do that to retard growth?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5

I'm glad your gas plants from Bluebird did well.  I ordered 16 and they
were *tiny*.  Only six have come up (they were dormant at the time),
the largest of which is about an inch high.  Hardly any roots to speak
of either.  :(

Bluebird seems to be either really good or really bad with plants.  I
wish I knew how to figure out the pattern.

Chris