Re: Heronswood

Not always the buyer is misrepresented Chris..

This is one of the things I do for a living.
Researching companies that my boss is considering
buying. I look at 'stuff' for 6-9 months before the
final contract.  I look at profit and loss statements
along with other tax and paperwork stuff and then try
to figure out just how 'real' it is.  I make on site
assesments and mingle with the workers as well as the
management. Since I am under those darn 'no talk '
contract clauses, I appear to be a nosey customer
rather than a buyer. I look for minor changes that
could make it profitable again. Most times the seller
is not totally honest about many things some that you
can see and some that you can't tell till you own it,
which causes the minor profit changes to become major
ones.

No idea how much of this applies to Heronswood, but I
am sure some of it does. I would bet that this was
decided before they changed the website to their's
from yours. Minor adjustment that isn't public
noticed, but they then gained control of the online
store without disruption of sales at the 'appeared'
quick closing....it also helped the profit end since
combining it into the exsiting site was most likely
cheaper than keeping two running. IMHO

Donna

--- "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>