Re: Gardening Again

Thank you for the details of your operations, Kitty.
Looks as though I will be joining you whether I like it or not... some plants ordered last November and promised in February still has not made it here, but is promised for later. Some time this month or next now.... sigh. I finally just sent refund checks.... can not expect gardeners to wait all year if they can have an opportunity to shop elsewhere.
I may just take the time out to make a trip or two and pick up the plants rather than see them shipped.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Gene, this is the latest we order for the same reason and also because most plants are too far along. We only order at this time from sources that are one day away. The plants can usually handle that much. UPS usually does their pickups in the afternoon. And our UPS driver usually delivers in the morning, so the plants have little time to bake in the truck.

Also, we have time and space constraints. I ordered the maximum we could handle for April and early May arrival. If I didn't order plants now we would have only about 100 pots available for our August sale.

I may still take a chance later this month on the MidOhio supplier for just a couple of flats. They have a clearance sale then and the plants come out to about 39 cents each and arrive in great shape and I've only lost a few plants doing it.