Re: urgh! Planting day.

That's one of my pet peeves, too. Our good local nurseries, however, will tell you if they've just potted something, and will usually sell it at the smaller size price if I just have to have it now. The bad ones, well, I don't go there.

There's a chance though, that given spring help being what it sometimes can be, someone moved some stuff from the back to the sales house by mistake. It's worth talking to the owner instead of stewing. Sometimes honest mistakes are made.

To: "gardenchat list" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 12:50 PM
Subject: [CHAT] urgh! Planting day.

Well I guess it is time to find a new nursery. I
started planting today (yeah, it took me another 3
weeks to get things ready- weeded amended- so plants
would have a nice home).

I have never been so disapointed in the plants I
bought 3 weeks ago from a local nursery. Yeah, they
look great in the pots still, but when I dumped them
to plant- what is this!- The dirt just fell off and
yep, I can see that small pot compact size in the
gallon container... Gosh does that piss me off! I
EXPECT plants to be rooted by the size of the
container I purchase. They obviously just stuck them
in the pot, not even spreading the roots!

Does this bother anyone else or am I being picky
again. Not sure if I will be purchasing there again...
or say something ... or just what.

Well now that the ragging is over - thanks for the

On the other hand---

I was happily surprized by some other plants I
purchased from Chris. The ones I have planted were
well rooted, better than I thought they would have
been... great job Chris... let me know when you go to
a brick and motur store- cause I really can't take
this mail order thing.- it is just not how I shop.

breaks over- back to work....