Re: Kitten

Well, I blew it last night. I thought I was faster that I am. Got him into the crate but he escaped before I could get my hand out and close the door. :-( This morning he's shying away from me.

----- Original Message ----- From: <sundrops@earthlink.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten

Daryl, believe I have been thru all the permutations of this conundrum! You have to be ready mentally to move surely and swiftly yourself with your technique and route planned and everything ready. Any hesitation will doom the attempt and make it a little harder the next time. The kitten will try everything to get loose and will get wilder and wilder till deposited wherever it is going. You may get scratched. If you think you can be nimble with your hands with gloves, use them, I do not. If using a towel I would simultaneously drape it over its back and pick it up with two hands while trying to wrap it into a manageable package (partially controlling its feet this way) to take to where its going. Good luck! Just remember this is for the kitten's own good and you are bigger! I have to keep reminding myself of this as I find it very hard to force a little kitten to do something it so much does not want to do.
--Barb, Grass Valley CA