Re: Autumn Fern Q

Daryl,
Moongate maple is soft golden color with a touch of red highlights. Geranium Samabor reflects a touch of that with the brown patterns in the foliage and the dark purple/black bloom. The autumn fern has the gold with bronze/brown highlights, so I like the combination, personally.
Right now I am working on containers around the house and patio, seating areas.... using annuals and tender perennials. Wish I had thought earlier of some veggies to pot up such as colored chard, peppers, whatever else is out there.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

I'll drag the 'Guacamole' pot over to the fern and see how it looks. I had hopes that it would look good next to H.seiboldiana 'Elegans' but no go. It looks sort of ok with 'Robert Frost', but that's one Hosta that just does not turn me on, so I'm dividing and selling it.

I've not grown 'Samabor'. Geraniums have a tough time here, though 'Alpenglow' and 'Roxanne' are hanging in.

I'm not familiar with 'Moongate' Maple.What does it look like?