From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cathy Carpenter
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:01 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Argyrantheum frutescens + garden tour

Enjoyed "Over the Hedge" - you have to listen closely to catch some of the
humorous references. The only "human" characters - 'Chairman of the Home
Owners Association' looked like a cousin of 'Cruella DeVille', and 'The
Verminator' seemed to resemble a 'Soprano' type - were pretty unsavory.  My
favorite line was one about an extermination device "illegal in every state
but Texas"! There was one villainous animal, and another who saw the light.
I loved the crafting of the animal characters. The animation was a weak
point - nowhere up to the Pixar standard.
Garden railroad was not running. DH blamed it on the rain we had on
Wednesday, but of course he did wait until the last minute! He also over
engineers everything. (MIT graduate) Insisted on pouring concrete for the
railbed. He is probably 1/2 to 2/3 done, but I won't plant anything until he
is completed, since I don't want things trampled or have to dig them up and
replant them. He does have further incentive to work on the railroad -- our
3 year old grandson will be visiting the end of July and he LOVES trains!
Have already talked to several of the gardeners, and we'll be able to visit
their gardens... if we can coordinate times!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b