Re: OT/ Pet Spa/Kennel Name

There's a dog day care here. Not pretty to look at, but the dogs get lots of TLC & discipline. They have some of those kiddie play sets with 6 foot slides and climbing walls & steps in their exercise area. Driving by, you often see dogs of all sizes on & around these toys. Someone is always with the dogs when they're out in the exercise area to be top dog & stop any misbehavior or agressiveness before it gets out of hand. She also has training classes in the evenings. I was amazed to see the "jock straps" she markets to keep dogs from wetting on furniture or elsewhere. She says most dogs pee in it once, then are very careful to wait until it's off. LOL. So you keep it on Rover while he's in the house, then take it off when he's in an "approved" area.
Judy B
z 6 Idaho alternating sun and rain for 3 or 4 days now. Torrential rain. Wish I could send some to Pam. Roses and creeping thyme blooming. 2 of the cannas Pam sent me 2 years ago are up again. That's 2 Idaho winters they've survived, one mild, one "normal."
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT/ Pet Spa/Kennel Name

Ya know Jim...I am amazed. I don't know why, after all these years and
experiences you would think that I would have mastered this by now...but
when I had a "meltdown" the other day about my husband's job situation,
the fact that we've been trying to sell our house for the last 3 years
with no luck, not liking working in a law firm anymore and wanting OUT,
but didn't know what kind of business to open....I just did one of those
"O.K. God, I'm just handing this over to you, I'm tired of struggling
with the whole darn mess and trying to make things happen. Just let me
know what we are supposed to do. There has to be a REASON why this place
is not selling and the job offers are just not right for my husband...."
The next day my daughter had this "idea" to build a kennel to help with
the overflow of her employer. She manages a very small dog grooming
place, which offers some boarding, and they just don't have the room to
hold them all and her boss would take 5-6 dogs home

a night sometimes because she didn't have anymore space. WE HAVE LAND
AND SPACE on our farm, which is right off a major highway! Then, that
idea turned into the dog/cat spa, which led to more research and MAJOR
possibilities. The more we researched this, the more we realized that
there is a DEMAND for this. A very GROWING demand. There is money to be
made here. And now they have dog day care for people who don't want to
leave their dogs home alone. They drop it off like you would a child for
school, then pick it up after work on the way home and they charge
anywhere from $19.00 a day to $25.00, depending on the size and care of
the dog. WOW. Never in my wildest dreams would I have said, "hmmm, I
think I'll open a pet spa". Never. But when I decided to just let
whatever should happen, happen...this comes up.

 A friend of my sons', whom wife number one and I took in, opened a pet
spa in Colorado Springs. It has been quite successful.