Re: Miss Kitty

I've had four orange tabbies--my first cat was one--all were males.

On Jun 6, 2006, at 2:18 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

That is correct. I read that somewhere, maybe it was in Cat Fancy?? There
are orange tabby females, but the majority of them are male. It's not quite
as absolute as teh female calico/tortie thing. Actually I did have friends
w/ a male tortie once. Veryyyyyy unusual.

Pam is correct, because a female orange (the cat fancy calls them "red")
cat must have both orange parents. All her male kittens will be orange,
but
she must have an orange mate to produce orange female kittens.
Auralie

In a message dated 06/06/2006 1:06:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,