Re: Toadsong

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Toadsong
  • From: "Taborri" taborri@rochester.rr.com
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 23:37:32 -0400

Sounds lovely Kitty-- very special.
Sue, Upstate NY, Zone 6

----- Original Message -----
From: Kitty
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 07:42

Sounds lovely.  Not a lot of toads here (I did marry one once and he didn't
turn out to be much of a prince, but then that's another posting...) My
Rhodies are putting on quite the display this year too.  Years ago when I
had the porch built on the front of my house I moved a couple of  R.
catawbiense varieties that weren't doing as well as expected to a corner
indentation of the porch where the back steps exit.  Since they were sort of
scraggly I planted them together.  They seem to love that spot, shaded by a
dogwood, and when they bloom together I get this lovely combination of
magenta flowers with a sort of lavender flower on the other one all
intermingled.  The lavender one took a jump this season and set a pinnacle a
foot higher than the rest of the mass.  With the dogwoods done, this bright
spot shines out in my front yard.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5