Re: Variegated 'Sadie Ray'

I'd just let it grow until it's large enough to make several cuttings. A
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:46 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Variegated 'Sadie Ray'

Hi guys,

I was checking out some of my 'questionable' hydrangea that I'm trying to nurse back into health when I noticed one of the 'Sadie
Ray' plantshad a thick, variegated sport coming off of a stem.
Normally non-variegated, 'Sadie Ray' is known for its ability to flower on new wood (much like 'Bailmer', oops I mean Endless Summer TM)

My question is this: How do I keep that shoot alive? :)

Obviously I'd like to take cuttings of it at some point, but it's still pretty tiny.
What are your recommendations?

Chris

http://www.bonvivantnursery.com/ Bon Vivant Nursery
http://www.hort.net/sHORTurl/ Shorten your URLs!