Re: companions

> >blackest heuchera I can find
> 'Obsidian' is pretty dark, Gene.

The new Dolce Licorice is also pretty dark.  I was impressed with it when
I saw it in the All American Selections trial garden at the Boerner Botanic

They were growing it under 50% shade cloth with no irrigation; the plants
were a healthy 12" across with a nice habit and good dark foliage.  The
ones near the front received more light and had burgundy tints; the ones
in the back were darker and less glossy.

I know it reseeds for you a lot, but I really like the dull, nearly-black
chocolate-hued purple-leaved Japanese honewort (Cryptotaenia japonica
forma atropurpurea).