The Sun is Back!

  • To: "Gardens & Gardening" GARDENS@LSV.UKY.EDU
  • Subject: [CHAT] The Sun is Back!
  • From: "SueNY" sue.nyc@att.net
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:03:44 -0400

  Well after about a week of nothing but rain rain and more rain, along with
cool temps (65-70 daytime, 55-60 night time) the sun has returned.
Unfortunately it came along with high winds. *sigh*  I hope the cool wet
weather hasn't hurt my veggies. They all look pretty good. I am lucky enough
to live within walking distance of two lovely nurseries so I went for a walk
today. Ended up getting a gorgeous trailing petunia, some impatients, a flat
of dusty miller and a nice pot of lavender. One of the nurseries was giving
away tomato plants for free because they had overstocked! Too bad I already
have more than enough. :-)  Everything seems to be doing well for me so far.
My cukes bounced back and are getting huge, my herb seedlings are nice and
happy, even all my geranium seeds sprouted! The only think I'm not sure
about is my rose bush. It was dormant when we got it about 2 weeks ago and
of course right after we planted it the rain and cold came. I hope it will
be okay!
Oh, and we have lots of lovely ladybugs! :-) One of the nurseries I was at
was selling pouches of 1500 each. They also had praying mantis eggs. The
nurseryman said they eat just about every pest you can think of. Anyone have
any in their garden?