Re: Weather report

Keep dry! Wish we, too, were getting more rain - our farm pond will
be a "puddle" if it continues dry. Spent the morning weeding "the
swamp" - about 1/3 done. The Japanese iris are blooming (always the
last of the iris to do so), then hit the local nurseries. Never cease
being disappointed in what I don't find. Bought a couple tiarella
cultivars, but not the T. cordifolia I was looking for, and the stuff
I found did not look like it had that species in their gene pool.
Also got an Hibiscus 'Copper King', and a Fothergilla gardenii 'Blue
Mist' (has anyone out there tried this one?). Finally stopped by the
supermarket and noticed they were shutting down their seasonal
"garden center" - found one lonely sweet pepper that was clearly
suffering and decided that for $2.00 (4" pot) I would try a plant
rescue. First thing I did was remove any peppers it was trying to
produce and any current blooms. Will plant it in the vegetable garden
this evening and see what happens.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b