Re: Inside Bon Vivant Nursery

> That's some piece of work! I hope you've had an engineer check the weight,
> though.

When I had to rebuild the front of the garage (water damage) I checked
out the supports and stuff.  The main beam across the garage roof is a
huge 8x8 timber; the rest are 2x8s.  I did some quick calculations and
it should be able to support everything -- the weight of the plants is
probably under 3000 pounds distributed across the roof.  It's one of the
reasons that I put those tables underneath; it also helps distribute the
weight evenly across the joists.

But I know what you mean; it would suck if they all fell through!  ;)