RE: Weather report

Please stay safe and let us know as soon as you can how you fair, Jim!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 12:51 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Weather report

At 10 AM we were put under a "hurricane warning" even though Alberto needs
another mile or two per hour of wind speed to earn that title.
It's been raining for at least 24 hours and predicted to continue for at
least 24 more hours. As heavy clouds drift between us and the satellite, the
TV occasionally loses signal, but only briefly. Since we are on the "dirty"
side of Alberto, we're likely in for a bit of blustery weather when it
finally makes landfall [predicted for about noon Tuesday], but we're
probably far enough south of the projected point of landfall to miss the
severe stuff.

All the rain, however, is most appreciated.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10