To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hum.... who grows tree roses and tree hibiscus

well I did find a tag on one of them- it is called
playboy. Can't find much about it on the net although
I really didn't spend much time.

http://www.abetterplant.com/rose%20section/floribunda%20playboy.htm

and here too:

   http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=45533&scChannel=Top%20Ten%20Roses%20And%20Companions

Another site listed it classification as a FL - not
being a rose person, I have no idea what that means.

Donna

--- Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:

I've read that tree roses need to be half dug in the
fall and laid over in a
trench for the winter in our zone. I've seen
illustrations. This kept me
from reading any further and from buying tree roses.

Another option I researched for our Patio garden
when they ordered a tree
rose and wanted to plant it in a pot - you can lug
it into a garage for the
winter.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5