Re: Eerie Quiet...

Sounds like an adventure to me, Auralie.

On Jun 16, 2006, at 3:38 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

Just returned from a State Garden Club meeting in Ithaca, plus a stop-
over in Cortland, near Ithaca, for a brief visit with #2 son who lives there.
The weather was gorgeous, with temperatures in the 60s to low 70s
each day, but it has warmed up to the 80s today. The drive out
through the Catskills is so beautiful. It always makes me feel so
thankful for having been able to live in this area and travel about the
state for so long. The drive back this morning was further enlivened
on RT17 when we passed a parade of a dozen antique cars. Chet has
always been a car buff, and was so excited - naming the year and
model of each as we caught up to it. Then we pulled into a rest stop
to change drivers and they got ahead of us so we could pass them
again. This time I was driving, so he could really take in the details.
The next time we stopped to change drivers, the parade pulled into
the parking lot behind us, so Chet was able to hop out and talk to
the drivers and take a close look at each one. They were on their
way to an Antique Auto Show somewhere near Middletown.
Auralie

In a message dated 06/15/2006 9:35:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,