From: Bonnie Holmes <holmesbm@usit.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:18:38 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rain garden

Same here.  Our last meaningful rain was June 2 and we are 4" below normal.

I found another yellow jacket nest this afternoon and killed it after the
sun went down.  I am expanding one of my existing gardens by about 2ft all
around.  A recent article stated that you can use shredded paper as mulch.
So I have been adding that all day and am going to put regular mulch over
it.  I noticed a yellow jacket pollinating some clover and decided to watch
where it would go.  About 10 minutes later, I followed it to the
next...right in the middle of where I normally mow.

soil was so dry and it was so hot... Everything looked wilty.