RE: Mustard seed?

My spice cookbook says it's of Asiatic origin and has been known to man
since prehistoric times.  The Ancient Chinese used it.  But, it wasn't
called mustard until the French mixed the crushed seeds with "must"
(unfermented wine).  According to my book, there are two types:  Brassica
alba, which are white or yellow seeds and Brassica juncea, dark brown sees
also called "Oriental" mustard.  The American Horticultural Society,
Illustrated Encyclopedia of Gardening, "Herbs and Spices" lists Brassica
nigra, B. hirta and B. juncea.