Re: Mustard seed?

Brassica nigra is the wild one that grows in fields and hedge-rows.
The garden varieties are B. juncea.  I grow a green one that some
catalogs list as Southern Giant Curled, and a red one that is
sometimes called Red Indian Mustard, and sometimes just Red
Giant.  Both reseed readily, so I always let a few go to seed, and
only have to buy seeds every five years or so.
The yellow seed in your necklace was what these seeds look
like.  Also the yellow seeds you see in the bottom of a pickle
The Biblical mustard was probably a different genus altogether,
since these plants don't answer the description, either.  Mustard
makes a plant more similar to collards or kale.
Thanks for looking, anyway.

In a message dated 06/18/2006 11:21:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,