Re: misapplied grass seed

Kitty wrote:
<snip>
The problem is that they were supposed to put the seed on the foot of new soil alongside the cement. Instead, they threw it in my flower bed so now I have more grass in my bed than where it was supposed to be. My plan had been to just let them do their thing, knowing it wouldn't do well (you don't seed cool season grasses in June) Then just kill it off and do it right at Labor Day. However, now I have all this grass in my front bed and I can't spray it. Good plants are too close and the grass is all over.

What would you do?
Too much for hand pulling while the roots are shallow ?
I have never tried them, but there are supposed to be grass-only
herbicides (Ortho Grass-be-Gone ?). Might try one of them,
discreetly at first, of course...
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher