Re: Back from Alaska

Cyndi that sounds so wonderful! I'm glad you had a great time and can't wait to see the pictures.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:40 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Back from Alaska

Hi all, I'm back from my cruise! Actually got back a week ago but it's taken
me a while to get organized again. You wouldn't think you'd need to rest
after a vacation would you.
The cruise itself was very nice, those people sure know about good service.
The weather was better than I could ever have hoped, it was brilliant
sunshine from the day we sailed until the very last day, and then we were
cruising around College Fjord looking at glaciers - somehow the threatening
clouds and cold just made that better. We took a helicopter tour out of
Juneau over some glaciers, I sat up front with the pilot, it was so cool.
Felt like I was in a movie or something. I put up some pix on my Yahoo site
but I don't have the link with me at the moment, I'll have to send it later.

The weirdest part was the daylight, you folks in the north probably wouldn't
find it as weird but we sure did. About 3 days into the cruise we lost night
altogether, well they said the sun did set, but we went to bed around 1100
and got up at 400 and it was always daylight for us. Good thing we came home
or I'd have real problems, I was definitely sleep-deprived.
Anyway it was a grand time but I'm still glad to be back home. I saw lots of
lush foliage in Alaska but unfortunately we never got to tour any gardens.