Pepper Question

   One of my pepper plants has lost all but it's top set of leaves. Those
leaves are nice and green and it's got lots of buds. The rest of the leaves
yellowed and fell off. There is no insect infestation, soil is moist and
fertilized (Osmocote), roots are healthy. And I noticed today nice green
shoots where the old leaves had fallen off. Do you think it's going to be
okay?  Right after I planted them we had a nice long stretch of cool and
very rainy weather (GRRRRR), do you think that might have done it? My other
peppers had the same thing happen but not to the same extreme-except the
habaneros which are mostly fine. The rest of my veggies look really
good...my tomatoes have some yellowing on the very bottom of the plants but
the rest  are nice and green, loaded with flowers and buds and growing well.