Re: moving cactus

yes I did and I have been trying to decide how the best way to share them would be. I use snapfish.com a lot but I don't know how to share it with everyone.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] moving cactus

It sounds great, Tricia. Did you get any pictures?

On Jun 21, 2006, at 9:07 AM, pdickson wrote:

I just got home from Santa Barbara. I just had to reply to this one to tell you that I got to see the huge new cactus garden at Lotus Land. It is fantastic with over 500 new plants and more than 300 species. I forgot the man's name that donated it... but he was 97 years old when it was all moved and completed. He had collected for over 70 years. He died not very long after being at the dedication. This is the part that I really wanted to tell you Jim. It costs over 450,000 to move and pay the new landscape. It is beautiful with huge basalt boulders and mulched with black slate. When I was there several of the cacti were blooming. It was really beautiful.
Tricia
zone 6b
(where I am so glad to be back home at my own garden)