Re: Hydrangia "Nikko Blue"

> some only flower on old wood and here that means
> never... (my varigated one is like that).

Hopefully my variegated sport of 'Sadie Ray' will flower on new wood
like its parent.  Keep your fingers crossed!

> I bought a climbing one last fall and it just started
> blooming now. (sorry don't remember which one right
> now)

Hydrangra anomola ssp. petiolaris?  Or is it Schizophragma hydrangeoides
instead?  I have the latter (cultivar 'Moonlight') and love the foliage;
it's about 20' up into my oak tree now and looks fantastic.

Generally speaking, climbing Hydrangea stick out about 3' from whatever
surface they're climbing on, whereas Schizophragma tends to be flush
against the climbing surface.