To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] The Sun is Back!

Praying mantis eat anything that moves they can catch - bad bugs and
good ones alike. Once watched one snag a bumble bee in mid flight and
completely devour it in about a minute. I understand that mantis are
not found much further north than Illinois and have noted that the
ones here are much smaller than the ones I saw in Maryland when I
lived there.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b