Re: Today in the Garden

Chris, your containers are wonderful!
     I am having a easy day today.   Yesterdy was the MG tour which my garden
was one of 8.   We had 472 guests come thru but the topper was almost a 1/2"
of rain about 3:30.   This is the 1st rain we have had in about 1 1/2 months.
 Some parts of the greater Des Moines area rcd over an 1".
     Garden Gate mag photographers were in my garden on Wed and returned Fri
for addtl shots which ended up to be almost all day.   They photographed a
bunch of containers, moved garden furniture here & there for different shots,
moved my hypertufas from the pergola to the back yard for photos, rearrgd my ft
porch (verandah),   and waited til the sun was just right for photos of the
gated pergola and entrance to my garden.   I thought they would be here just a
short time in the a.m. as they were the first day.   We had watering of the lawn
and containers to do in the back which didn't get done until late afternoon.
 By then, the lawn was really looking worn.   The photographer almost fall
off the bridge as he was positioning for a photo.
     Most asked questions: What was the geranium with the lg blooms
(Callirhoe involucrata (wine cups)), What was the varigated plant with yellow daisey
like blooms? (Heliopsis 'Lairraine Sunshine")   What is the wisteria like tall
plant ( Robinia pseudoacacia   'Twisty Baby')   and How do you get your edges
so neat (gas powered John Deere sidewalk edger)   All but the last had labels.
     Love all your chatter!