From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Chris Petersen
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:00 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Catching up

Dear All,

Andrea, birthday wishes from me too!

Theresa, how did your surgery go? BTW, I thought your patio looked super!

Chris, I loved the photos of your rooftop nursery!  It is so nicely
organized! Is everything still doing well?

As of 3:00 yesterday - schools out for the summer!  And, my first open
garden day for the national daylily convention is in 18 days!  I plan on
doing some serious gardening between now and then!  Of course the weather
people are predicting storms for the next week!

I love to plant lots of containers.  Containers allow me to try new things
and keep some of them on the deck for closer viewing. I always go overboard
when buying unusual plants and this year was no exception! This photo isnt
too unusual, but I liked the purple and chartreuse combination:

I need to photograph the garden.  Lots of perennials are in bloom now! The
lillium are starting to put on a show.  About five or six daylilies are
blooming as well. I hate to mention the fact that we have had so much rain
that my beds are looking over-stuffed!  I know that many of you are hoping
for even a sprinkle.

Could those of you from Texas comment on whether or not you can grow coleus?
Another garden friend wants to know if it's too hot and humid in Texas for
coleus. It can be pretty hot and humid here, and coleus do fine.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)