From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:59 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Zem is holding out

Okay, I did just spend 12 days in Europe -- England, France and Italy.  It
was a real experience.  I went with my grandson's high school group again.
I really think it's the most fun way to travel, but you do have to be in
shape.  One day we literally walked 8 hours in Rome -- from 10:00 a.m. until
6:00 p.m. in 90+ degree heat.  I think I lost about 5 pounds.  Southern
Itally is unbelievably beautiful.  I have never before seen so many
conifers, hydrangeas, oleander and bougainvillea all growing together.
There were gorgeous flowers all over Europe with the emphasis on beautiful
combinations.  In London many window boxes had combinations of Dicentra and
Lobelia, and from Umbria through the Amalfi Coast the roadsides were filled
with Angelica, Acacia, Mullein, hollyhocks and plumbago.  As I said earlier,
the hydrangeas (hortenisa) were magnificient, and of course there were fruit
trees everywhere.  We were up and on the road by 7:30 every morning and
never spent more than two nights in one hotel.  You cannot be a wimp and run
with high school students.  <LOL> zem zone 7 West TN