From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 8:23 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] revelation

MG stuff is in maintenance mode now so I had the whole weekend to myself.  I
stuck two full boxes of shrub and a tree cuttings, mostly using Clonex but
also tried some gel containers.  Cut out deadwood and overgrowth and bundled
for pickup.  Lots of other odds and ends too, but for each thing I scratched
off my list, I added another.  Still, feels good.

When I got on the roof to clean the gutters, I was surprised at how easy it
was getting up there.  Last year it seemed difficult and I remember worrying
that the older I get the more difficult it is and how much longer would I be
able to do it.  Also the last few years I haven't been able to do marathon
gardening (long hours) as I did when younger.  It's a bear getting old.  But
I put in 10 hr days yesterday and today and the roof climb was a breeze.
The difference is that I lost some weight.  I knew I was carrying excess
baggage but didn't believe it pulled me down that much.  I'm still
overweight but not by as much and it is amazing the difference it makes.

I took some pics while up on the roof, maybe I'll get a chance to upload

neIN, Zone 5